- Research Products/Make More Environmentally Conscious Purchases - Consumers have more power than we realize when it comes to the environmentally friendly decisions corporations make. We can put our money into companies that have similar values to our own to encourage big corporations to "go green" rather than green washing.
- Educating Others - I plan to educate those around me on environmental issues. Promoting the information about environmental sustainability will help spread awareness to the issues we are dealing with.
- Grow Native Plants - I plan to grow native plants in my area as well as share with my neighbors. This provides food and shelter for local wildlife. Native plants are also more adapted to the conditions and require less maintenance.
- Growing Food - I plan to begin growing my own food next year. This will help reduce plastic waste from packaging in grocery stores. It will also reduce emissions that are used to transport produce to the store.
- Sustainable Gardening - I plan to practice sustainable gardening by using zero pesticides and harvesting rain water rather than using a garden hose.
A punch list can be for an individual, family, community, company, or city. It is the list of the actions you or a group will undertake and accomplish over a predetermined span of time—one month, one year, five years, or more. You can make different lists for different time periods—this week and this year for example.