- Changing circadian rhythm to earlier bedtime and earlier wakeup. This will reduce electricity usage during the night when solar energy is not produced. Activity during the day may use less electricity, and everything will use solar energy for its power.
- Driving techniques that conserve gasoline usage. Only acceleration needed between stops. Down hill braking with consistent speed so that automobile does not need to accelerate while in descent only the accent.
- Keeping the plants I have alive. Watering plants when they need water, and regular plant maintenance likely to reduce plant deaths. Living plants in room can cleanse toxins and create small amounts of carbon sequestration. If many people had the same living plants in their room they would also contribute to keeping carbon and toxins from entering the atmosphere.
- Cold Showers with oil heated water. Not only are cold showers beneficial for health reasons, the cold water isn't heated so it doesn't burn fuel that would contribute to the release of greenhouse gases.
- Replacing paper notes with computerized notes that are dependent on energy from solar.
A punch list can be for an individual, family, community, company, or city. It is the list of the actions you or a group will undertake and accomplish over a predetermined span of time—one month, one year, five years, or more. You can make different lists for different time periods—this week and this year for example.