- Reduce my carbon emissions. I travel to class 5 days out of the week, so to reduce that, I can either carpool, move up here, or do more online/reduce the days I need to be here for class.
- Reducing my water consumption would also be a huge action to lower my carbon footprint. I like to take long showers, so taking shorter ones would be a great place to start. I also think doing laundry less frequently (not weeks of course) and making sure the dishwasher is full before running it, not leaving water run while brushing teeth.
- Eating less meat/eating more protein plant alternatives. This would play a huge role in reducing greenhouse gases and also for animal welfare.
- Planting more trees, or growing my produce/maybe selling would be a great way to reduce my carbon footprint.
- Reducing energy use in my house, like turning off lights when not needed, wearing a jacket instead of turning on the heat, and maybe installing solar panels.
A punch list can be for an individual, family, community, company, or city. It is the list of the actions you or a group will undertake and accomplish over a predetermined span of time—one month, one year, five years, or more. You can make different lists for different time periods—this week and this year for example.