- Establish a small-scale vermiculture system to compost kitchen and yard scraps.
- Make, ferment, and can as many foods to reduce waste, support local, and save money.
- Plant vegetables, herbs, fruit trees, and nut trees.
- Implement passive designs such as lighting, heating, cooling, and root cellar storage to minimize energy use.
- Install solar panels, energy storage, rainwater catchment, electric appliances, composting toilets, and a greywater system to produce, collect, and conserve energy and water.
- Adopt degraded land and regenerate it to an agro-ecosystem that sequesters carbon, produces food, retains water, supports wildlife, builds soil, and contributes to the community.
- Be a hub and host for community gatherings, education, expression, collaboration, conversation, and connection.
A punch list can be for an individual, family, community, company, or city. It is the list of the actions you or a group will undertake and accomplish over a predetermined span of time—one month, one year, five years, or more. You can make different lists for different time periods—this week and this year for example.