- When gift giving to family, starting today, give homemade/handmade gifts, such as food, drinks, cards, etc.
- Reduce/phase out use and purchase of plastic in grocery shopping over the next 6 months.
- Reduce clothing using the KonMari method; keep/build wardrobe of durable, classic items from sustainable brands/vintage or recycled clothing stores. Keep image of my purple leather jacket in mind - durable and gets better with age!
- Identify and harvest backyard plants such as dandelions, etc. when in season to eat; expand vegetable garden; move to completely vegetarian menu and encourage family to do this. "Food choice is a privilege."
- Spend at least 3 hours a week in nature; share sustainable plant cuttings or vegetable matter with friends.
- Work with my husband on reducing energy loads. Reduce thermostat all year round; investigate move to all electric for household appliances.
A punch list can be for an individual, family, community, company, or city. It is the list of the actions you or a group will undertake and accomplish over a predetermined span of time—one month, one year, five years, or more. You can make different lists for different time periods—this week and this year for example.