- Replace our back lawn with a food forest that includes pollinator-friendly plants, and share what we grow with those living under food apartheid and others in need.
- Decarbonize my finances by divesting from my current bank that funds fossil fuels and switching to an eco-friendly banking alternative by the end of 2021.
- Crowd out meat and dairy by making fresh veggies the main event at each meal, and limit meat consumption to 3x per week.
- Continue to embrace being a thrift shop queen by sourcing 90% of new clothing from second-hand stores, ideally ones that are locally-owned.
- Limit air travel (and buy 2x carbon offsets if I do fly), walk or bike whenever possible, and switch from my current gas car to an electric vehicle by mid-2022.
- Dedicate a sustainable percentage of monthly income to wealth sharing with organizations and individuals who are leading climate work, prioritizing efforts led by people of color and LGBTQ+ folks.
- Vote in every election and talk with friends, family, and social media followers about any climate policies on the ballot.
A punch list can be for an individual, family, community, company, or city. It is the list of the actions you or a group will undertake and accomplish over a predetermined span of time—one month, one year, five years, or more. You can make different lists for different time periods—this week and this year for example.